Hearing Aid Audiologist – Permanent Role
Location:Cheltenham / Tewkesbury / Chipping Sodbury / Swindon / Taunton / Bristol / Leamington Spa / Coventry / Verwood / Christchurch / Kingsbridge / Poole / Poundbury The successful candidate must be willing to provide cover in other areas such as Cheltenham or Bristol and be flexible in their base.
Who are we?Imperial Hearing Ltd was formed originally in 1954. It has been ran as a family company through 3 generations and today is run by Directors, Sam Rossiter and Simon Wendland, who acquired the business in 2006. The company ethos has always been, and continues to be, entirely independent ensuring every patient seen receives the very best advice for their specific requirements and are not forced into a certain system because of manufacturers agreements. You will never see a sales person at any of our centres, only highly qualified, conscientious individuals that understand how important your hearing is to you.
With branches across the South West, we are continually looking to increase and expand our business whilst offering a first-class service to our customers. We are proud to be a member of AIHHP – Associated of Independent Hearing Healthcare Professionals and are a Lyric Centre offering Tinnitus Services.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Hearing Aid Audiologist to join our existing team and to provide a first-class service to our patients. Supporting the existing patients, and encouraging prospective new patients, with their hearing aids and accessories and, with appointments held at one of our Centres, or at their home, this role is key to the success of our business. Responsible for ensuring that the required and necessary equipment/kit is set up, working correctly and ready for each patient clinic held in their Centre as well as cleared and sterilised as per the required protocol, you will meet and greet patients and assist them with the completion of a H&S questionnaire as necessary.
Carrying out full initial consultations with new patients, or reviewing an existing patient’s hearing needs, you will clearly explain the results of any tests together with your experienced and knowledgeable view on their hearing and how to resolve any hearing loss. Guiding the patient to the best hearing system available for their needs and their budget, you will clearly explain the process that will be followed and how they will be supported by you, as their Audiologist, throughout. Responsible for ensuring that notes and any resulting hearing system order are completed accurately and fully, promptly sharing the information with the receptionist ensuring that the patient’s requirements are fulfilled as needed and orders are placed as soon as possible. Introducing new patients to the company, performing hearing tests in line with the regulations, remaining informative throughout the consultation and following through to ensure the most successful outcome for the patient and the business. Advising patients to acquire the most appropriate hearing aids – Imperial Hearing are fully independent and so have access to all brands of hearing aids and accessories.
- Attendance at company Hearing Shows to support the Centre locations and to assist in the building of the business with new patients.
- Sharing your expertise and communicating effectively with the receptionist/administrators in your working Centres to respond to their queries, support their knowledge and understanding of any h/a system or accessory and advising them on home visits and appointment times as necessary to support their role, the patients and the Centre.
- Sharing your knowledge of local areas with a view to promoting and marketing the company and the services on offer and increasing the patient database and sales successes by offering presentations to local groups, GP practices and/or other appropriate societies.
- Regularly (weekly) download all Noah software patient files onto a memory stick or hard drive to ensure that patient data is backed up and, as requested, send to head office in Cheltenham.
- Supporting any alterations, additions of information or data on the CRM system (Blueprint).
The benefits: Imperial Hearing offer a competitive basic salary and an auto-enrolment pension scheme. 22 days holiday plus bank holidays on a pro-rata basis dependent upon agreed working hours. All equipment to perform the role including a company laptop or PC as required.