Making big decisions about health and finances requires careful consideration therefore, we offer you a cast iron guarantee. *
Widex is another Danish hearing aid brand that is well known within the hearing aid world. They are exceptionally well respected for their cutting edge technology and amazing sound. Widex users demand no less and it seems that once they have tried Widex, they are happy with no other.
Any hearing aid can improve your hearing. A special one gives you true-to-life sound in all the situations you face every day. The new WIDEX UNIQUE™ hearing aid does exactly that. If you are an experienced user, you will hear the difference on the spot. And if you are a first time user, then get ready to start hearing many of the sounds you have been missing.
Book an appointment at one of our hearing aid centresBook an Appointment
Unique Hearing Aids
Widex launched their latest hearing aids yet in late 2015, they have called them the Unique range. Widex went a little mad with their branding advertising for the new Unique range with outdoorsy activity imagery. However, they did that for a reason that relates to the hearing aid technology. One of the new key features in the Unique range is a quite amazing wind noise management feature. So these hearing aids may well be the best hearing aids for you if you are an outdoorsy type of any description. The range is a full line up of hearing aids, ITE, BTE and RIC devices in four levels of technology.
Levels of Technology
The Widex Unique hearing aids are available in four levels of technology, the 440, the 330, the 220 and the 110.
Widex Unique Features
- Wind Noise Attenuation: Only available on the 440 level
- High-Frequency Boost: Only available on the 440 level
- Wind noise control
- Sound class technology: up to 9 interear automatic situations
- Processing channels: up to 15 channels
- Listening programs: 5 programmes max
- High Definition Locator (Automatic Adaptive Directionality): in up to15 channels
- Speech Enhancer: Real time interear
- Digital Pinna: Depending on Model
- Phone+: Depending on Model
- TruSound Softener
- Preference Control: Available on all levels
- Reverse focus program: Depending on Model
- FreeFocus (via COM-DEX app): Depending on Model
- Multi-directional Active Feedback Cancelling: Interear
- Variable Speed Compression
- True-Input Technology: Available on all levels
- Soft Level Noise Reduction: Available on all levels
- Audibility Extender: Available on all levels
- Hammer Detector: Available on all levels
- SmartSpeak/SmartTone: Available on all levels
Beyond Hearing Aids
The Beyond is the very latest addition to the Widex Line up, it is also their first ever Made For iPhone hearing aid. It is a slightly changed Fusion device based on the Unique technology, and it has three different radios onboard, the one for Widex Link, a telecoil and the new radio for direct iPhone connection making it possible to stream music and conduct phone calls directly to the hearing aid without any intermediary device. Widex Products are famous for their sound quality, now they have brought that sound quality to the best sound Made for iPhone.
The Beyond App
User Fine Tuning?
The Beyond app seems to have the usual features that are available with Made For iPhone devices generally, you can set geo locations for different sound programmes and make changes to how the hearing aids are working on the go. However, there also seems to be an element of self fine tuning on the app, whereby users can actually change the frequency response of the hearing aids. They are calling this feature the Preference Control and it seems to break down frequencies into three bands, Bass, Middle and Treble. It means that you can have some control over how the hearing aid actually works as you change the settings if you want that.
While Widex have now introduced a 2.4ghz BlueTooth radio to the Beyond for the connection to the smartphone, it has retained both the WidexLink and a telecoil on the hearing devices.
Retaining the Widex Link makes sense for several reasons. The first being, that it is still without doubt, the single best system available for streaming high quality audio. The second is that it will mean that any Widex users who upgrade their devices to the Beyond will still be able to use their Dex accessories. Retaining a T-Coil also makes some sense, many in the UK like to use the T-Coil in public places.
The Beyond at present appears to be only a Fusion type hearing aid and it fits within the Unique range. The Beyond is available in a 440, 330, 220 and 110 version and the features of each are the same as the corresponding Unique technology.
* Terms and conditions apply. On hearing systems only and within a 45 day trial period.