- Do you need a hearing test?
Do you need a hearing test?
When you are suffering from hearing loss, the first sounds that are ‘lost’ and are harder to hear are sh, th and f. That is why people with hearing difficulties say they can hear speech but can’t understand what is being said and it often appears as though everyone is mumbling.
The problem is further exasperated when there is background noise, even just a kettle or especially when in a noisy restaurant or café.
As we get older, regular hearing tests should be apart of our health care routine. Hearing loss can come on so gradually that we sometimes fail to notice the signs. Have a look at our questions to identify some of the signs to look out for. If you answer yes to any of them, it might be worth getting your hearing checked.
Signs you should have a hearing test
- Do you ask others to repeat themselves?
- Do you turn up the TV or radio louder than others would like?
- Is it more difficult to understand conversation in background noise?
- Does it appear that others are mumbling?
- Do you have difficulty in identifying where sounds are coming from?
- Are group conversations difficult for you?
The good news is that a full hearing test with an audiologist is easy, pain-free and you can book one in any of our Imperial Hearing Centres. Our friendly team are ready to help and guide you, whenever you are ready, to get you hearing clearly once again.
What to expect after your test
Depending on your results of your consultation, we offer hearing aid fittings and servicing, working with some of the best hearing aid manufactures. We also offer Tinnitus treatment and various aftercare services.
We have centres across the South West, South and Midlands
. Get in touch with our team to book your free hearing test.