When you are suffering from hearing loss, the first sounds that are ‘lost’ and are harder to hear are sh, th and f. That is why people with hearing difficulties say they can hear speech but can’t understand what is being said and it often appears as though everyone is mumbling.
The problem is further exasperated when there is background noise, even just a kettle or especially when in a noisy restaurant or café.
So how do you know if you need a hearing test? Have a look at our questions below to help to identify the signs.
Signs you should have a hearing test
Have a look at the following questions and if you answer yes to any of them it would be worth getting your hearing checked:
- Do you ask others to repeat themselves?
- Do you turn up the TV or radio louder than others would like?
- Is it more difficult to understand conversation in background noise?
- Does it appear that others are mumbling?
- Do you have difficulty in identifying where sounds are coming from?
- Are group conversations difficult for you?
The good news is that a full hearing test with an audiologist is easy, pain-free and you can book one in any of our Imperial Hearing Centres. Our friendly team are ready to help and guide you, whenever you are ready, to get you hearing clearly once again.
We have centres across the South West, South and Midlands. Get in touch with our team to book your free hearing test